Pediatric Dental Crowns in New York
Restorative Dentistry in a Safe, Comfortable Environment
With this treatment, Dr. Robert N. Goldsmith and Dr. Jessica Lynch will provide a strong restoration for your child, preventing dental or orthodontic issues while allowing your child to chew, bite, and smile.
About Tooth Crowns for Children
Even though baby teeth are temporary, they play a vital role in your child’s smile and should receive proper care. If your child's baby teeth become severely decayed or broken down, composite dental fillings may not be the most effective treatment, and your pediatric dentists may recommend a stainless-steel dental crown. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends stainless-steel dental crowns as the treatment of choice for children with extensive tooth decay or children who have received a pulpotomy (a root canal procedure for children).
A stainless-steel crown provides many benefits, including:
- Complete protection for the affected tooth
- Little to no tooth sensitivity following treatment
- Reduced likelihood of retreatment
- Greater success than fillings in children younger than age 4
- Easier to provide for children who need general anesthesia in order to receive treatment
- Effective space maintainers – in fact, stainless-steel crowns are often used as attachments for space maintainers
Make an Appointment Today
Our pediatric dentists and team are committed to providing your child with the best possible treatments to help them develop strong smiles and enjoy long-term oral health. We invite you to contact our office today for more information about stainless-steel dental crowns for baby teeth and to make an appointment with our pediatric dentists.
Little-to-No Wait Times for Busy Parents
Focused On Creating Positive Dental Experiences
Board Certified Pediatric Dentists
Conveniently Located Near Public Transportation